It’s about time Penprints gets a glossary, don’t you think? (It doesn’t really matter because I think it, so it’s happening. ‘Tis the power of a blogger (and, no, I’m not a petty tyrant).)
– WIP: Work-in-progress; my current writing project.
– Beasts: my retelling of Beauty and the Beast; the fourth draft is sitting in a
vault in a hole so deep that earth’s core is starting to melt the vault box somewhere.
– An Idea: a white-hot spark of story fragment that’s growing into Something.
the spawn of lightning and death (wait, that’s Toothless, and he’s delightful) the part of writing where the Something is painfully, intentionally, ruthlessly carved into a Story.
– False Gods: my YA Middle Eastern Fantasy; some of this story astonishes me; I think I might love it.
– Flash Fiction: remarkably short stories (1000 or less) which I’m a little mad for.
– This gif:
– Fire: ignited matter that feeds off of oxygen and produces light, heat, and beauty; my muse.
– The Oxford Comma: the little guy who should always (always.) come after the second item in a series of three (so help me).
– The Secret Life of Walter Mitty: only one of the most galvanizing movies to ever be made; one of my favorite movies.
– Winter: the most glorious of the four seasons.
– Copious, Long, and Confusing Parenthetical Statements: I have an affinity for the bit a grammar that goes like this: (-). And I also like nesting my parenthetical statements (sure, I could use commas (because one can never have too many commas, right?), but commas aren’t nearly as fun as parentheses (you know I’m right)).
– Bullet Journal: the nigh magical system that has brought a measure of order to my chaos and spawned this post, this post, and then this post (notice the Oxford comma?)
– The Necklace: my first published story!
– Our Family: the incredibly hard-to-write-but-so-worth-it flash fiction that ended up being my second publication!
– The Middle Distance:
actually, I’ve never referenced The Middle Distance anywhere on this blog, but sometimes you just have to throw something in for The Lolz (aka: this entire post).
– Tony Reinke: only one of the best nonfiction authors of my lifetime. Start with Lit! and then go for 12 Ways Your Phone Is Changing You; you can thank me later. (It’s later.)
– Nadine Brandes/The Out of Time Series: lololololololol, if you’ve been around Penprints for more than two seconds, you know what this is. For those of you who’ve been here for less than 2 seconds, I shall briefly explain. Nadine Brandes is an incredible author, and The Out of Time Series is her equally incredible debut series. So now it’s been explained; go read it and thank me later. (It’s later.) Also, Fawkes.
– TBR: the infamous To Be Read list of books that is ever-growing and only diminishing in increments of not at all.
And that’s it for now, kids.
P.S. – The Glossary is updated every few months.